2018-2019 Undergraduate Bulletin

Student Information and Records

Maintaining Contact Information

Address Information

Enrolled students must provide the University with a valid mailing address and are responsible for communications sent to that address. If correct address information is not maintained, students may not receive grades, bills or gradu­ation mailings. The University is not responsible if payment of tuition and fees is not made because a student did not receive a billing notice. Students may be assessed a late fee if payment is not received by the due date printed on the bill. Additionally, the University must know how to contact students in case of an emergency.

Students unable to make address changes online can pursue the following options:

  • Visit the Registrar’s Office on the garden level of University Hall or download the Address/Phone/E­mail Change Request form from http://www.du.edu/registrar.
  • Send an e­mail to registrar@du.edu; include student number and indicate which address or addresses are to be changed. (See following address types.)
  • Call 303-871-4095. (For security reasons, students are asked to give identifying information.)
  • Send a fax to 303-871-4300. (Include student number, month and date of birth, and indicate which address types are to be changed.)

Types of Addresses

Most people will have only one or two addresses in the DU system. “Mailing” is the default address that we use for most purposes. The other address types in the following list may be entered if you have different addresses you wish us to use for different purposes. Alumni may select any address type as preferred for correspondence:

  • Mailing: This is the default address used by DU. All constituents should have a correct mailing address.
  • Billing: Used only if you wish your tuition bill to be sent to a different address from your mailing address.
  • Business: Your place of work. For DU employees, this will be your office address.
  • Grades: Provide an address if you have requested grades to be mailed and wish them to be sent to a different address than your mailing address.
  • Home: Used to distinguish a permanent (family) address for students from out of the area or a home address for alumni. International students and employees (visa classes F, M and J) must maintain a valid foreign address in this field.
  • On-Campus: Used only for University housing addresses. It is populated automatically each term.
  • Parents: DU can maintain up to two addresses for parents.
  • Seasonal: Used to override your permanent mailing ad­dress for certain times each year—e.g., a summer house.
  • Temporary: Used to override your mailing address for a single specified period, such as during study abroad.

Telephone Numbers

Students can enter several different types of telephone numbers in their student account: permanent home, business, cell, fax and local (if different from permanent home). Indicate the type and whether the number should be added or deleted on the front of the form. If checked as “unlisted,” the telephone number will only be released to University officials.

E-­Mail Addresses

The University-assigned email account shall be an official means of communication with all students. Students are responsible for all information sent to them via their University assigned email account. 

All faculty, staff, and students are required to maintain an @du.edu computer account. This account provides both an online identification key and a University official email address. The University sends much of its correspondence solely through email. This may include policy announcements, emergency notices, meeting and event notifications, course syllabi and requirements, and correspondence between faculty, staff, and students. Such correspondence is mailed only to the University official email address.

Students are expected to check their email on a frequent and consistent basis in order to stay current with University-related communications. Students have the responsibility to recognize that certain communications may be time-critical.

Back to Top