2018-2019 Graduate Bulletin

Immunizations and Health Requirements

Immunization Requirements

Colorado state law and University of Denver policy requires all students to receive two (2) doses of vaccine against measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) and a review of information regarding Meningococcal disease (meningitis) prior to registration. Additionally, students living in University of Denver on campus housing (dormitories and apartments) must show proof of vaccination for Meningococcal disease within the past five years.

Students must submit the completed Certificate of Immunization form to the Health & Counseling Center and must be compliant with the requirements by the program's registration date. Students that fail to submit proof will not be allowed to register for classes.

(Colorado Revised Statuses §25-4-901 to 909)

A downloadable form and instructions can be found on the Health & Counseling Center website. Alternative records, such as a childhood records, may be acceptable upon review of the Health & Counseling Center staff. Please call 303-871-2205 for more information.

Note: University College students are exempt from this requirement.

Health Insurance Requirements

DU requires that all traditional students carry adequate health insurance. The University defines adequate health insurance as having a $500,000 minimum coverage per condition or illness, an affordable deductible, co-pay and co-insurance, a prescription benefit and coverage as required by Federal and Colorado state laws including Affordable Care Act mandates. 

Participation in DU’s health care program (which consists of paying the Health/Counseling Fee and purchasing Student Health Insurance Plan) allows students to receive medical and mental health care at our Health & Counseling Center for little or no out-of-pocket costs.

There are two procedures for enrolling in the student health insurance plan and the health and counseling fee:

  1. For students registered for six or more quarter hours (eight or more if you are a Law student), the Student Health Insurance Plan and Health/Counseling fees are added to the tuition bill. An informational hold is automatically placed on the student’s account. To remove the hold students should visit Pioneerweb and accept or decline coverage. Students who will be receiving the GTA/GRA Health Insurance Scholarship should not decline coverage.
  2. Degree seeking students carrying less than six credit hours (less than eight credit hours for Law students), enrolled in University College, or on Continuous Enrollment, will need to enroll for the Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) at the Health & Counseling Center. SHIP enrollment is available twice a year, once in the Fall and once in the Spring. The Health & Counseling Fee enrollment is available every quarter. 

For more information regarding eligibility or enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan, please call 303-871-2205 or go to the Health & Counseling Center website.

Back to Top