2023-2024 Graduate Bulletin

Transcripts and Proof of Degree

Students are required to submit one official transcript from each post-secondary institution they have attended or are presently attending, where two quarter hours (or one semester hour) or more were completed, including study abroad and college coursework completed in high school. Proof of a bachelor’s, and if applicable, a master’s degree is required from a regionally accredited college or university.  Note that during the admission process, unofficial transcripts are accepted.  Upon acceptance of an admission offer, official transcripts must be received by the start of the first term of enrollment, or a hold will be placed on the student’s account prohibiting future registration.

The applicant is responsible for obtaining all transcripts. University of Denver students and alumni do not need to provide University of Denver transcripts.

Applicants who have earned a degree outside the United States must submit proof of graduation, typically through a degree certificate or diploma. Official study abroad transcripts are required unless the course titles, grades and credits earned abroad appear on another transcript. Applicants educated outside the U.S. are encouraged to contact the Office of Graduate Education or the appropriate admission office for assistance regarding transcript-related materials.

Official transcripts must include the name and date of degree earned, if applicable. Official degree certificates or diplomas must include the name and date of degree earned.

The University of Denver will consider paper transcripts official when delivered to the University of Denver in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution provided the following criteria are met:

  • The transcripts must have the original signature of the registrar and/or the seal of the issuing institution.
  • The transcripts must be enclosed in an envelope with the stamp or signature of the registrar across the sealed flap.

The University of Denver will consider electronic transcripts official from a domestic institution provided the following criteria are met:

  • The transcript is certified as official from the college or university using a third-party agency for the certification process. Approved agencies include Joint Services Transcript (JST), National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, and Royall and Company. The University of Denver reserves the right to rescind approval of the above-mentioned agencies based on changes in technology utilized by the agency. Upon request, the Office of the Registrar will take into consideration a third-party vendor other than the aforementioned agencies.
  • The transcript must be received from the third-party agency by a University official.
  • The transcript must be a certified PDF document with no evidence of tampering. The transcript must be retrieved from a secure server. Emailed transcripts will not be accepted.

Certified English translations must accompany all transcripts except for those provided by institutions that issue documents in English. Errors or omissions in English translations may be grounds for refusal or dismissal. Please consult the Office of Graduate Education for specific details.

The University of Denver reserves the right to reject transcripts or request additional information if there is any question about the authenticity of the document. Transcripts with course work in progress will not be considered final and admission will be granted provisionally.

Back to Top