Diplomas are issued eight to ten weeks after the conclusion of the term in which the student graduates.
Diploma Name Policy
The student name listed on a diploma or certificate must match the official name on file at the University (first name, middle name, last name), with the following exceptions:
- option of first name or initial;
- option of diminutive or alternate form for the first name;
- option of a first name which conforms with the graduate's genuine expression of gender identity;
- omission of the first name when the middle name is used as a salutary name;
- option of middle name or initial;
- omission of the middle name;
- inclusion of former or maiden name(s);
- inclusion of proper capitalization and accentuation of name; and,
- inclusion of Hispanic maternal surnames.
Neither titles nor degrees previously earned will be included as part of a graduate's name on a diploma.