2016-2017 Graduate Bulletin

Withdrawing (Temporary or Permanent)

Students considering time away from graduate study must communicate with the University prior to taking time off from the graduate program and fill out the appropriate paperwork. There are two types of withdrawals, temporary and permanent. Regardless of withdrawal type, the first step for students enrolled in courses is to officially drop courses.

Temporary Withdrawal

This is for students planning to resume studies at the University of Denver. This type of withdrawal includes personal and medical leaves. The approved Leave of Absence form must be submitted to the Office of Graduate Studies (students in Law, Business, Social Work, UCOL and International Studies return the form to the college's student service office instead of the Office of Graduate Studies) prior to any leave.

Permanent Withdrawal

Students wishing to discontinue graduate study must communicate the decision to permanently withdraw from the graduate program in writing to the University. 

Back to Top