2018-2019 Graduate Bulletin

Maintaining Contact Information


You will receive an @du.edu email address to use while enrolled at the University of Denver. All emails sent to you by the University will be delivered to your @du.edu email address. Information on accessing your @du.edu email address can be found at http://go.du.edu/office365. Upon graduation, you will have the option to move your email account to an @alumni.du.edu address.

The UTS Computer HelpDesk can assist with logging into PioneerWeb and answer questions on a variety of other technical topics. To contact the HelpDesk call 303-871-4700, send email to support@du.edu or access support through the UTS website.

The University sends much of its correspondence solely through email. This includes policy announcements, emergency notices, meeting and event notifications, course syllabi and requirements, and correspondence between faculty, staff, and students. Such correspondence is mailed only to the official university email address. Faculty, staff, and students are expected to check their email on a frequent and consistent basis in order to stay current with University-related communications. Faculty, staff, and students have the responsibility to recognize that certain communications may be time-critical. This policy applies to all members of the University of Denver community; faculty, staff, and students.

The @du.edu Computer Account

The official email address will appear in the University's Banner administrative system within 24 hours after a person is officially entered into the Banner administrative system and will also appear in the University's online directory. Students may request confidentiality.

Procedures for Approval for Access to Electronic Communications of Others

Individuals needing to access the electronic communications of others, to use information gained from such access, or to disclose information from such access must obtain approval in advance from the Vice Chancellor of University Technology Services. Requests must be in writing and minimally include the following:

  • name and title of the person whose communications will be accessed
  • name and title of the person who will access the communications
  • purpose of access
  • what forms of communication will be accessed (e.g., voice mail, email, fax)
  • required duration of access
  • what will be done with accessed messages, including to whom they will be disclosed

Address Information

Enrolled students must provide the University with a valid mailing address and are responsible for communications sent to that address. If correct address information is not maintained, students may not receive grades, bills or gradu­ation mailings. The University is not responsible if payment of tuition and fees is not made because a student did not receive a billing notice. Students may be assessed a late fee if payment is not received by the due date printed on the bill. Additionally, the University must know how to contact students in case of an emergency.

Students unable to make address changes online can pursue the following options:

  • Visit the registrar’s office on the garden level of University Hall or download the Address/Phone/ E­mail Change Request form from http://www.du.edu/registrar.
  • Send an e­mail to registrar@du.edu; include student number and indicate which address or addresses are to be changed. (See following address types.)
  • Call 303-­871­-4095. (For security reasons, students are asked to give identifying information.)
  • Send a fax to 303-­871­-4300. (Include student number, month and date of birth, and indicate which address types are to be changed.)

Types of Addresses

  • Mailing: This is the default address used by DU. All constituents should have a correct mailing address.
  • Billing: Used to send the tuition bill to a different address from the mailing address.
  • Business: Your place of work. For DU employees, this will be your office address.
  • Grades: Used to send grades to to a different address than the mailing address.
  • Home: Used to distinguish a permanent (family) address for students from out of the area, or a home address for alumni. International students and employees (visa classes F, M and J) must maintain a valid foreign address in this field.
  • On­-Campus: Used only for University housing addresses. It is populated automatically each term.
  • Parents: DU can maintain up to two addresses for parents.
  • Seasonal: Used to override your permanent mailing ad­dress for certain times each year—e.g., a summer house.
  • Temporary: Used to override your permanent mailing address for a single specified period.

Telephone Numbers

Students can enter several different types of telephone numbers in their student account: permanent home, business, cell, fax and local (if different from permanent home). Indicate the type and whether the number should be added or deleted on the front of the form. If checked as “unlisted,” the telephone number will only be released to University officials.

Back to Top