2021-2022 Graduate Bulletin

Disability Services Program

Disability Services Program (DSP)

The DSP is dedicated to giving students with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in the University’s programs, courses and activities. DSP provides reasonable accommodations, at no cost, to any student who has a documented disability as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, as well as other applicable laws. The DSP works with the student to design accommodations intended to mitigate the impact of a students' disability and to afford equal opportunity and full participation in University programs for undergraduate, graduate and non-degree seeking students.

Students who need accommodations for a disability in order to fully participate in University programs, courses and activities should contact the DSP. This contact should be made as far in advance as possible.  It is the joint responsibility of the student, DSP and other DU faculty and staff to work together to meet students’ needs. Students should familiarize themselves with the Handbook for Students with Disabilities, Medical and Mental Health Conditions, copies are available in the DSP office and at https://www.du.edu/studentlife/disability-services/index.html.

The DSP requires current supporting documentation of a student’s disability in order to establish protections under the ADA/Section 504 and determine appropriate and reasonable accommodations and/or academic adjustments. A student’s documentation is kept separate and private and is not shared as part of the student’s DU Transcript. Students can choose to sign a Release of Information form so that DSP staff members are able to speak with others, including but not limited to; the students' family members, healthcare and/or mental healthcare professional(s), and/or DU faculty and staff on the student’s behalf.

For more information, please visit the DSP website, or stop by our office in room 440 Katherine A. Ruffatto Hall, or call us at 303-871-3241.  DSP office hours are 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m., Monday–Friday.

Back to Top