Bachelor of Science (BS)
Total Credits Required for the BS: 183
|Writing and Rhetoric||8|
|Analytical Inquiry: The Natural and Physical World||4|
|Analytical Inquiry: Society and Culture||8|
|Scientific Inquiry: The Natural and Physical World||12|
|Scientific Inquiry: Society and Culture||8|
|At least 25 credits must be 2000- and 3000-level courses||45|
|Remaining hours of student's choice||42-56|
Major and Minor Requirements
In the bachelor of science curriculum, at least 45 credits are required for the major. Of these, at least 25 must be in 2000- and 3000-level courses. Minors approved for the BS degree range from 15–28 credits each. Students pursuing a BS degree must complete a major and two minors or two majors and one minor. One minor must be in one of the natural sciences or psychology. A secondary major may be used to fulfill the requirement for a minor or additional major. Students completing an area major are not required to complete any minors.
- The GPA in the major and the minor must be at least 2.0 with the exception of the bachelor of science in accounting which requires a GPA of at least 2.5.
- Credits in the major and the minor must be earned at the level of “C–” or better.
- At least 50 percent of the required credits for the major and the minor must be completed at the University of Denver.
Visit the Degree and Program of Study section of this bulletin for information on major and minor programs of study available with the bachelor of science degree.
The area major meets the needs of students whose interests require a broad program of related interdepartmental study. At this time, the only area major available for bachelor of science students is environmental science. Please review the environmental science section for specific major requirements.
Upper Division Requirement
- Of the total credits required for the degree, at least 75 must be upper-division courses at the 2000- or 3000-level.
Degree GPA Requirement
- Students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 with the exception of the bachelor of science in accounting which requires a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- The last 45 credits earned prior to granting a degree must be completed at the University of Denver apart from approved study abroad participation.