Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
Total Credits Required for the BFA: 189-192
|Writing and Rhetoric||8|
|Analytical Inquiry: The Natural and Physical World||4|
|Analytical Inquiry: Society and Culture||8|
|Scientific Inquiry: The Natural and Physical World||8|
|Scientific Inquiry: Society and Culture||8|
|See department listing for specific courses.||110-135|
|A minor is not required for the degree but may be completed if desired.|
|Remaining hours of student’s choice||13-35|
Major and Minor Requirements
- The GPA in the major and the minor must be at least 2.0 with the exception of the bachelor of science in accounting which requires a GPA of at least 2.5.
- Credits in the major and the minor must be earned at the level of “C–” or better.
- At least 50 percent of the required credits for the major and the minor must be completed at the University of Denver.
Visit the Degree and Program of Study section of this bulletin for information on major and minor programs of study available with the bachelor of fine arts degree.
Upper Division Requirement
- Of the total credits required for the degree, at least 75 must be upper-division courses at the 2000- or 3000-level.
Degree GPA Requirement
- Students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 with the exception of the bachelor of science in accounting which requires a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- The last 45 credits earned prior to granting a degree must be completed at the University of Denver apart from approved study abroad participation.