Bachelor of Arts (BA)
Total Credits Required for the BA: 183
|Writing and Rhetoric||8|
|Analytical Inquiry: The Natural and Physical World||4|
|Analytical Inquiry: Society and Culture||8|
|Scientific Inquiry: The Natural and Physical World||12|
|Scientific Inquiry: Society and Culture||8|
|Planned program of courses||40-60|
|Second area of concentration||20-28|
|Remaining hours of student's choice||51-71|
Major and Minor Requirements
The major (40–60 credits) is a planned program of courses taken in one department or, in the case of an interdisciplinary major, a program of related courses taken in more than one department. For the bachelor of arts, at least 40 credits are required in the major. Individual departments may establish a greater number of required hours. (See departmental listing for details.) Of these, at least 25 credits must be in 2000- or 3000-level (upper-division) courses.
The minor (20–28 credits) is a program of courses in a second area of concentration. Individual departments may establish a greater number of required hours. (See departmental listing for details.) Of these, at least 5 credits must be in 2000- or 3000-level (upper-division) courses.
- The GPA in the major and the minor must be at least 2.0 with the exception of the bachelor of science in accounting which requires a GPA of at least 2.5.
- Credits in the major and the minor must be earned at the level of “C–” or better.
- At least 50 percent of the required credits for the major and the minor must be completed at the University of Denver.
Visit the Degree and Program of Study section of this bulletin for information on major and minor programs of study available with the bachelor of arts degree.
For the bachelor of arts, students may choose majors in two departments and eliminate the minor.
Upper Division Requirement
- Of the total credits required for the degree, at least 75 must be upper-division courses at the 2000- or 3000-level.
Degree GPA Requirement
- Students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 with the exception of the bachelor of science in accounting which requires a minimum GPA of 2.5.
- The last 45 credits earned prior to granting a degree must be completed at the University of Denver apart from approved study abroad participation.
- A total of 60 credits earned in any one department is the maximum accepted toward meeting the minimum 183 credits for the degree. (Exception: BA with a major in music.)