The University of Denver is an honor code school. All community members--students, staff, faculty and administrators--are held to the same expectations as outlined in the honor code.
Honor Code Statement
All members of the University of Denver are expected to uphold the values of integrity, respect, and responsibility. These values embody the standards of conduct for students, faculty, staff and administrators as members of the University community. Our values are defined as
- Integrity: acting in an honest and ethical manner;
- Respect: honoring differences in people, ideas and opinions;
- Responsibility: accepting ownership for one’s own conduct.
For further details on the honor code, please see www.du.edu/studentlife/studentconduct.
The Pioneer Pledge was created in 2010 as an action statement for the Honor Code. The Pioneer Pledge is as follows:
As a University of Denver Pioneer, I pledge
- to act with integrity and pursue academic excellence;
- to respect differences in people, ideas and opinions; and
- to accept my responsibility as a local and global citizen.
Because I take pride in the University of Denver, I will uphold the honor code and encourage others to follow my example.
Committed to helping ensure that a positive and safe learning environment exists at the University, Student Conduct promotes the honor code and addresses violations by students. For more information on the Student Conduct policies and procedures, please visit www.du.edu/studentlife/studentconduct.