2018-2019 Graduate Bulletin

Petition for Unit-Level Exceptions

Graduate units that wish to be considered for an exception to University policy must provide a request to the Vice Provost for Research and Graduate Education that includes a rationale for the variance.

The Vice Provost will consider the petition and will notify the unit of the decision. A unit whose petition is denied by the Vice Provost has the right to request that the matter be referred to the Graduate Council for review.

Graduate Council may recommend that the Vice Provost reconsider the request in consultation with the Provost. The Vice Provost will make a final determination and report to the Graduate Council on all petitions and outcomes.

Back to Top